2011年11月16日星期三

Sony's slick 3D headset is actually comin

Remember that slick 3D headset Sony showed off at the beginning of the year? Well it looks like you're actually going to be able to buy one. The PlayStation firm has officially slapped a November 11 Japan release date on the futuristic-looking visor, called 'HMZ- T1', and it's set to keep the same specs seen earlier in the year.While the exterior design has changed slightly (it's not so slick now), the headset still boasts a pair of 1280x720 0.7-inch OLED panels mounted in front of each eye (apparently offering an experience similar to viewing a 750-inch screen from 20m away), as well as 5.1 surround sound from integrated headphones.The HMZ-T1 includes HDMI input and output (so you can take off the headset and continue on a TV) and is set to retail for 60,000 yen (£481).Sony's exec deputy president Hiroshi Yoshioka said of the device in January, "As a big gamer myself, I couldn't be excited more than when I first played Gran Turismo 5 with this head-mounted display because nobody, not even my wife, could interrupt me so that I could get a higher score." Andy Robinson

没有评论:

发表评论